Sunday, March 20, 2011

That's what I'm doing these days......

Helping Mommy get me dressed by going and getting my shoes when asked.      Also lift my arms once she has my shirt over my head, to put my arms through the holes.      Saying "Quack, quack."     Climbing the steps and going back down them like a champ.      Showing my obsessive-compulsive side, and frankly worrying mommy a bit with it.      Throwing my diapers away after I get changed, and then washing my hands of course.      Playing outside every second I get.      Very sure of what I want people to be doing and instructing them to do so.  Like the other day when Mommy & Daddy had been painting, and I came downstairs and there was a roller and paint brush down there, so I decided mommy and I should "paint."  So, I got a step stool, got the paint brush, gave it to mommy, patted the floor where I wanted her to sit, and proceeded to "paint" with the roller.  Well, when I went into my playroom for a while, do you know what my silly mom did??  She stopped using the paint brush and got up.  So, I had to get the paint brush again, pat the floor AGAIN where I wanted her to sit, and SHOW her that she was supposed to be painting.  Sheesh, good thing I am good at instructions so stuff can get done around here!!      I say "Cracker," "Go, go", "Dog," and a few others at times.      I know where my eyes, nose, and mouth are.....most of the time.  Sometimes I just don't feel like pointing to them like mom wants me to.....she needs to remember I'm not a show dog, just a kid :).      Thanks to Grammy teaching me this, I now find the nearest adult any time I get anything on my hands, and wipe my hands off on their pants.      I am good at following instructions, too, like "Go sit on your chair and bring you sippy, and Mommy will bring you a snack."  And I do it, isn't that great??      I love to give real hugs, especially to babies.  A lot of times I just lay my head on them and that's my way of hugging them.      I give real kisses, too.  The slobbery ones that everyone loves, ha.      According to Mommy and Daddy, I'm changing by the minute & seem to come up with a new word every day right now.

Yep, that's what I'm doing these days......

Caden Wesley Meyer

1 comment: