Wednesday, October 17, 2012

3-0

I haven't ever really paid much attention to my age.  I guess because I always felt young, I don't know.  When people asked how old I was, half the time I'd have to count from 1982 to the year it was, and then answer, I just didn't really think about it much. 

Well, I did it.  I went and turned 30.  Freaks me out a bit for some reason.  30 sounds so grown up and mature.  Just weird.  I always thought of 30 as old.  I can remember my parents in their 30's, PARENTS.  Oh wait, I guess I'm one of those :).

Like I told Jared, if I'm honest with myself, I am long overdue to be 30/sound 'old' to myself.  I have been driving a mini van for 4 years, we have a mortgage, 2 dogs, an almost 3-year-old son, another baby on the way, and don't do anything past 9:00 at night typically.  Therefore, I am long overdue to be 30.  We fit the bill pretty well.  Jared likes to remind me he's not 30 yet.  But, he's not far behind :).  Look out, honey!  As was the case with Caden, we will be different ages when baby girl is born.  We were 26 and 27 when Caden was born.  We'll be 29 and 30 when baby girl is.  Now 26 sounds like a young pup to me :).  Jared was only 26 when Caden was born?!?!  Really??  Haha.  See what turning 30 does to your perspective.

At any rate, my birthday was coming, ready or not.  My sweet hubby is not a planner, and he organized a wonderful dinner with friends and siblings at Old Chicago for us the Friday before.  I knew there were plans in the works for that night, but didn't know details.  Then my mom of course organized an adorable Sunday dinner birthday for me that weekend, and my wonderful in-law's took us out for dinner Monday night after Caden's swimming lessons.  I am a blessed chica indeed. 

30 won't be so bad I suppose.  Right off the bat I'm gaining a daughter at 30, so who can complain?!!?

30 and pregnant

At Old Chicago with Brittany and my sis

With my (only 29-year-old) hubby

Krissy and me

For some reason that's the only pics we got - I kept
wanting to take more and it apparently never happened -
Thanks everyone who came - It meant so much to me!

Eating leftover cupcake with CW the next night

Cuteness

We had a night just the 2 of us while Daddy was at the
football game.....look at that messy face!

Eileen's cookies for me at Mom's

So girlie.  So pretty...love it :)

Mom doesn't miss a detail.....love her

The kids with pumpkins from Marci (Grandpa D's lady :))

Helping me blow out the candles

The whole gang for Sunday dinner

Helping me open presents...."wook, money mom!"

Coloring with Great-Grandpa

Washing dishes with Grandma and Marci

At AppleBee's with Grandma and Grandad

No comments:

Post a Comment