Thursday, August 20, 2009

T-minus 11 weeks & 5 days (If I were counting :))

We have gotten some odds and ends for baby and are slowly but surely getting ready for his arrival! I've been feeling great and that darn MS hasn't caused any problems for me thus far, which is such a praise! I spoke with the neurologist's office this week in regards to how he wants everything to go at and around delivery time. That is the time that becomes a little scarier for us, as the risk of relapse during & in the 2 months after delivery is 80% for those with MS. But, we have been so blessed and I have beat all the statistics so far, so I don't plan on stopping with that trend now!! I don't have time for a silly relapse, I just want to hang out with my baby, right?!?!

In all reality, though - I won't get into all the details, but Jared and I have a lot of decisions to make in the next month or so. There are pros and cons to each choice, it just comes down to what we decide. MS is such an undpredictible disease that the neurologist won't make the decision for me (trust me I tried to make him :)) as far as when to go back on meds, etc. I've been really upset struggling with the choice to make all week, but I am just handing it over to God and pray that He leads us in the right direction. The truth is, I was off Avonex for 7 months before I was able to get pregnant, and in that time had no new lesions or relapses, which in and of itself is a miracle!! The doctor himself was pleasantly suprised at that time.

So, I am trusting that we will be able to make the right decision and feel confident in that. I am planning on taking 8 weeks off after baby comes. I don't have childcare totally figured out yet, so that is another decision we have to make in the coming months. Part of me is having a hard time because there's so many choices, and part of me is having a hard time because I don't want to have to pick one period, I think :). I just don't know what to expect. But again, I am just going to have to trust God and know that He will show us exactly what he wants me and baby boy to each be doing come January.

So, that's what's going on with us right now. We continue to be so excited for this baby. We are also trying to be logical and realizing that we need to acknowledge the risks that may lie ahead and how we plan to handle that. I don't mean to sound naive like we didn't know of this before, but some of the details of it all are just now becoming a soon-to-be reality that we need to figure out :). But, I know that miracles happen every day and often things that don't "make sense" to the doctors, as God is ultimately in control.

I feel like this post is a debbie-downer - ick, I don't want to sound like that - I just know some have said to let them know of prayer requests, so I guess now you all know what that is as we prepare for baby's arrival :).

On another baby note, "Multiple Blessings" comes to mind when I think of the next several months that lie ahead. No, I'm not just plagarizing the (gulp) book written by Kate Gosselin before everthing turned to a mess. Rather, this is what I mean: In September and October I have baby showers. Then, in November our son comes! Then, in December my cousin is due to have a baby! Then in February my dear, dear friend Krissy is having a baby! Then in March my wonderful friend Nikki is having a baby!! Now, do you see what I mean?!?! Wow, what a year!!

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers - we look forward to being able to introduce our little guy to everyone!!

I get winded easily these days, and this blog post has gotten so long, I think I'm winded just from typing it!! I will stop now. Goodnight!! Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment