Caden was outside playing yesterday every minute that he was awake, I do believe. One of the many things I love about our yard is that he can just walk down 1 step out of our kitchen and go running and playing so easily!! And, it's fenced in so he can't escape. Well anyway, I stepped inside the kitchen yesterday to get him a refill on his sippy (or something like that.....I lose track :)), and Caden was running in the yard. I was keeping an eye on him, and he ran up the hill to the back of the yard where we have 2 big trees he likes to "hide" between. I saw him playing back there, and suddenly he bent down & picked something up. He came running so fast, down the hill, across the patio, and up the step into the kitchen.
"I know," I told him, "Mommy's getting your sippy!" Then I realized he was handing me something. I looked down, and in his precious little hand was a little white flower that must've blown into our yard from the neighbors'. It was a tiny little thing, but he was smiling so big and was so proud. And this Mommy might have got a little teary-eyed :). It was absolutely so sweet!! Then he gave me a hug and ran back outside.
That little sweetie pie had found that flower on the ground, and instantly got excited and brought it right to me, so proud. He knew I'd love it :). And I did. And it might be completely wilted and not such a "pretty flower" anymore today, but I'm keeping it and treasuring it.
Makes it all worth it, that's for sure :).
LOVE THAT BOY!!!
P.S. CW, keep up the flowers for the ladies, thing, it'll score some big points for you down the road :). Haha. Love, Mom
Press the flower in a book! That is such a precious story!
ReplyDelete