Saturday, July 9, 2011

"BOOM, "BOOM"......What a trooper :).

I love holidays.  I love any reason to celebrate whatever!!  I love the idea of watching fireworks.  I like to watch them when they are the big ones that are far away and I have no idea who is risking their life lighting them all of.  Yep, I'm a wee bit of a nervous nelly, and Fourth of July seems to bring out the best of that part of me.  My hubby LOVES lighting off fireworks.  I have always been the nerd who's nervous watching him light them off.  And now I have a son........

Last year he was little enough that he was just scared of them and our night ended pretty early.  This year he was completely unphazed by them.  He would watch one here and there, but for the most part was busy doing this 'n that, and didn't much care.  I think his Daddy wished he was more impressed by the fireworks he was setting off :).  Every so often he'd point to them and say, "Boom!" or "Roar!".  That was about it! 

It was actually lovely.  I was nervous he'd be into them this year, and be the one trying to run down the driveway and 'help' with fireworks.  And, I'd be the nervous mom chasing him down every 2 seconds and sweating buckets.  But, obviously that did not happen.   The holiday that makes me so nervous was a delight this year. 

We went to my parents' on Sunday night and Jared's parents joined us as well.  Then on the fourth we went to Jared's sister's.  It was a good time!!  See, this mama was nervous over nothing!  CW was a champ!  Happy Fourth of July to our 20-month old stud muffin!!!




Auntie and Uncle B bought CW a set of squirt guns....They
spoil him rotten.  And I love it........

And Uncle B helped him suprise Mommy with a shoot of water
as she came outside :).  It'll be payback one of these days,
Al and Bryan :).

He got them figured out.  Except they were backwards and/or
upside down most of the time.....shot himself in the face
umpteen times.....and thought it was a blast!!

The Dad's.
The Grandad and The Grandpa.

Making a plan of attack with Auntie......

Pointing at the parachute Jared set off.  He did like those.

He thought those were pretty cool!!!

Got himself in the face.  Cracks himself up.

So funny.  So cute.

Trying to get the boys in their matching shirts.
"Big Guy Meyer" and "Little Guy Meyer"

Caden brought Daddy a drink and wanted them to sit on the
sidewalk together for a little break between the action.
Kid's got some good ideas.

Found some "jish"....trash.....and wanted Grandad to help
him put it in the recycle bin.  I'm telling you, if it wasn't
for us messy parents living here, this kid would have our
house in order.  He puts it all in it's place, including trash!!

Watching the 'finale' on Sunday with Daddy.

The 1 pic I got of the ladies........

Juice Box.  Grandpa.  Fireworks.
On the Fourth......tried to get a pic of his cute t-shirt before we left.

Silly little man......wanted to rearrange/organize
my cupboard.  Good somebody is!!

Cupcake at Auntie Jaime's.

Diving right in.

Pulling Auntie Jaime on a leash.  She's a good sport.

Watching fireworks round 2.

The spectators.  Jaime's in-laws Bill and Barb came too.

Finger in mouth.  He never does this....
maybe was a little nervous??  So cute!!

Uncle Brian threw him up in the air about 150 times per
CW's request.  Poor Brian's arms!!! 

Every time he'd 'land' CW would hold his cute little pointer finger
up, close to his face, for "One more time"....and Uncle Brian
had a hard time resisting, despite the pains in his arms, ha.
What a nice Uncle!

Attempt at a family pic.  Attempt competed.  Probably
won't be on the Christmas card :).

No comments:

Post a Comment