So I had already fallen in love with Isabel and was on cloud 9 of emotions. I got home that evening after Caden was in bed. The next morning I told him T had had her baby and we were going to get to meet her. I told him her name was "Isabel." He quickly corrected me that her name was "T's Baby," as it had been for 9 months to him :). My mistake. He was so excited he couldn't get dressed fast enough.
We stopped at the store to get some flowers and a balloon for T and her baby. I had something, you know, baby-themed in mind, but again I was mistaking :). Caden selected a Happy Valentine's Day balloon and small rose plant. Duh again. (PS Why do they have V Day balloons in the store so early?? They don't last that long.....duh!). Anyhoo, so we were off to the hospital.
At the risk of being a total cheeseball, it was seriously a heavenly moment. That was the only time Caden has held her for that long and been that sweet and gentle to her. I am so thankful for their special first meeting :). Not that he isn't sweet to her, but sometimes he's a little rough, only holds her for 2 seconds, etc. You know, the 2-year-old boy comes though. There again, so thankful for that special time.
Caden has adjusted to life with his little cousin really well. I was afraid he'd be jealous of T, Boo, Grammy, and Grandpa. Mostly, though I need to credit those 4 for this going so well. They all make a conscious effort to make sure he still feels like the greatest thing on earth when he's around them. Right when we got to the hospital to visit, T invited him to sit with her on the bed. Boo took him on a walk. T let him go down to the nursery with her the next day and watch baby's hearing test. Grammy still slobbers all over him. Grandpa still does projects at the house with him. Turns out he isn't any less loved by them all, no worries, Caden :).
As of about 2 weeks ago he officially accepted her name is Isabel. Not only that,but he has come full circle and claims Boo as her father now. For a long time according to CW, T was her mommy, but Boo was not her daddy (makes sense......he didn't see Boo with a baby in his tummy I guess, haha). They are now officially a unit to him. Everything used to always be "T-Boo". Where are you going Caden?? "T-Boo's". Who loves you Caden? "T-Boo." Now everything is "T-Boo-Wizbehw". Haha. It's precious.
Caden s a cousin. My heart is happy :). Sweet baby girl, I know he might be a bit rough and tumble with you, and you'll have to toughen up to him quickly, but he will always have your back :).
No comments:
Post a Comment