Sunday, March 4, 2012

So Much, So Fast!!

Suddenly it's March and I'm behind on everything.  My son has officially been 2 for four months now.  (Slow down, Mr. Time!!).  I can't believe how much he has changed in the last couple months.  Heck in the last month.  The last week.  It's nuts.  He's more grown up by the day.  I guess that's the idea :).  Well anyhoo, I wanted to share some stories I've jotted down over the last month some adorable words CW is saying these days.  Mind you, he can say anything if he wants to, but there's lots of words he says 'funny."  And I love it :). 

Some of his words.........
"Wakey down" (Get up).....says to us in the morning
"Hetty me" (Help me)
"I'm too cold" (his reasoning for EVERYTHING)
"Sorry you" (when he is saying sorry.......usually for hitting.......nice)
"Whatcha too" (Love you too.......says it all the time.......precious)
"Knocky Aw" (Knock it off)......mimicking how mommy yells at Barley when he's barking outside.  Has unfortunately used it at Mommy and Daddy, in context, a time or too.  Eeks.  That went well.
"Sitty her" (Sit here)
"Way too you me too" (Means he wants to lay on top of me to fall asleep :))

I'll think of more later :).

Some favorite stories from the last month.......

AUNT. DOG. CHASE.
My wonderful Aunt Linda took care of Caden for me a few days in February.  He LOVES Aunt Linda.  She is such a blessing to us........I remember playing at her house when I was little, and love that Caden does the same now.  Almost every time I ask him where he is going, he says "Winna hone"  (Linda's house).  He also loves Uncle Jack, "Jacky", and "Seee."  (Sadie, the dog).  Well, on this particular day "Jacky go worky momma!" (Jack was at work).   It was Sadie, Linda, and CW.  Linda told Caden they would go on a walk.  Linda went to get Sadie's leash, and in that time Caden went and opened the front door to start the walk.  He didn't go out of the house, but Sadie did.  Well, once Sadie starts running, it's a chase game, I'm told.  My poor Aunt Linda couldnt' get Sadie to come back. Didn't have Caden's carseat.  Got an elderly neighbor to look for Sadie while Linda and Caden waited.  Neighbor couldn't get her.  Neighbor and Linda hop in car and put CW in back with a seat belt to go slowly through the neighborhood to find her.  Find her.  Linda gets out to get dog.  Dog runs more.  Caden wants to help.  Sweet little neighbor takes Caden out of car and holds his hand to go find Linda.  Long story short (sort of :)), they all got home in 1 piece.  Linda felt bad for putting Caden in car even though they didn't go far.  I felt bad for her.  Sounds like a nightmare!  CW will keep you on your toes :).

MONSTIES.  DADDY PICKY ME UP
Caden is Mr. Square Pants, as we like to call him :).  Everything is just like so.  He always has to know who is going to pick him up from school, me, Daddy or Grammy.  And he remembers all day and tells his teachers.  Well, one day before school we turned TV on to find the end of the Monsters, Inc. movie.  Caden has seen it before.  We don't have the movie, but Grandma and Grandad do and we've borrowed it before.  Well anyhoo, Caden was besides himself wanting to watch it.  I explained to him that we didn't have it and he could maybe go with Daddy after school to get it from Grandma's (just to pacify him, you know.....didn't really intend for them to do that).  Well anyhoo, Jared picked him up from school, and he said, "Dadda Monsties!!".  Miss Cassie asked Jared what he was saying.  Jared explained what had happened that morning to her, and she laughed.  She said ALL DAY he'd been telling them that Daddy was picking him up, then saying something "monsties."  Haha.  And the second he woke from nap that day, "Dadda, wheh aw you.....monsties?"  Where are you daddy, monsters?  Haha.  Needless to say they went and checked out Monsters Inc from Grandma and Grandad's after school.  That boy :).

HAIRCUT TOMMOROW
Caden' hair was getting shaggy.  He needed a haircut.  Jared and I have this unspoken battle going.  He would like to buzz his hair himself.  I think a 'big boy real' haircut looks so much nicer.  Well anyhoo, I usually get him into the Lollipops Salon before Jared buzzes his hair.  One morning on the way to school I said, "You're hair is messy maybe we should go get it cut tommorow."  Jared picked him up from school that day and said, "Caden should we go home and buzz your hair?"  Caden panicked on him......."No dadda, tommorow, momma takey me.....tommorow!!"  Jared called me to ask if I had an appointment for him or something, haha.  I laughed, then remembered what I'd said that morning.  Yep, I'll take him tommorow.  Can't get a THING past him these days :).

TOWEL IN THE SHOWER
I was in the shower one morning and had just shut the water off.  I opened the door to grab my towel and didn't see it there.  Then I realized Caden was behind the shower door with my towel.  I asked him to give it to me.  He kept jabbering something and I wasn't sure what.  Then I realized.  He was wanting to throw the towel over the top of the shower door, like he sees me do for daddy sometimes.  So I helped him throw it over the door for me.  haha.   So cute.

BALLOON UP HIGH
Caden got a balloon from Grammy for Valentines day.  It still had lots of helium a few days later but had broke off of its weight and was up in the ceiling in our entry way.  Caden was almost ready for bed one night, and started panicking about the "buh-yoon" (balloon).  He went downstairs and we didn't know what he was doing.  Pretty soon his adorable little self comes up the steps with his little stool from his kitchen.  He puts it down in our entry way and start reaching for his balloon (2 stories up).  "Me getty buh-oon".  He didn't want any help.  It was adorable and breaking our hearts all at the same time.  We started 'coaxing' the balloon down towards him so that he stood a chance at getting it.  Finally he did.  We had to tell him we were just blowing on the balloon, not helping him, or he melted down, haha.  So cute.  Love him.


Helping me make little pizzas

Tied boy.  Passed out on the couch (Like the quilt, Liz :)??)

His Buzz Lightyear Go Fish game he got for giving up bink.
(Love the mess in the background??)

14 inches of snow!!!

Dance party!!

Always fixing something.....using his screwdriver to
fix the wall.  Said "cheese" for the first time....
this boy usually avoids the camera when he can.

Duh :).

Helping daddy fix the sink

The balloon incident.  Melt my heart.

Loves to play play doh and paint.  Love that boy.

Playdate. Lexi, Asher, and Lizzy over.  Busy :).

Lizzy and Lexi.

Chillaxing eating fruit snacks.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot my favorite..."Wooky see!" And I would like to know who locked the door on the dog kennel. And finally, why do you have a picture of Dana laying on your couch eating and wearing truck jammies? Weird.

    ReplyDelete