Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Life has been happenin'......I'll try to get you caught up :)

Caden is changing by the minute!  I say it all the time, but it continues to blow my mind.  He has a favorite book, "Llama Llama Misses Mama" right now.  He can recite most of every page and it's so cute.....he's 'reading', haha. 

And the first 2 pages have fallen out because we read it so much.  I said I needed to fix the pages.  And keep forgetting til we're reading it again.  I told him to be careful with the pages when we read it.  Now every time we read it, "Real careful Mama, be real careful.  You fixy with tape some day mama?"  Haha.  So cute. 

He has all sorts of little phrases he's saying right now.  Cracks me up.  I tried to jot down a few but I'm sure there's lot's I'm forgetting. 

"You so funny"
He says this all the time.  If I say something remotely silly, or not :), he'll tell me this.  So cute.

"Go Huskers!!!"
Caden's way of 'smoothing things over' in tense situations or when he is in trouble.  He assumes it will work :).......and sometimes it does.

"Me Okay!"
If you hear this, he has either fallen, gotten into something he shouldn't, or done something else mischevious (spelling?).....go check on the situation :)

"Two kine five mitties"
This is his time reasoning.  On everything.  "Caden, we need to go now." This will be his response.  I think he's saying Two kind of five minutes, or something like that.  He whips that time out a lot.  Ha.

"Don't breaky you neck"
While Jared was gone (more on that later) I tossed all the dirty laundry into the stairway, and refused to move it until it went into the washer/dryer, I wanted it all done!  One day when we were leaving to run errands I'd forgotten it was there, and said, "Oh no, don't break your neck" under my breath, as we went down the steps.  Now if there's anything on the steps, "Me okay mom, me no breaky me necky.  Now you no breaky you necky, okay??"  Haha.

"So pre-ee"
He will mess with my hair and look at my earrings, and tell me I'm pretty :).  Love him.

"Who itty?"  "Oh, Coo!"
If he sees someone he doesn't know, sees an animal in a book he doesn't know, whatever.  This is his way of asking who it is.  And when I answer, his way of answering "Oh cool."  What a hoot!!  He asks a lot these days.

"Who you talky to?"
If I am on the phone, calling someone, or just getting off the phone.  More questions :).


"It's my favorite"...."No me my faritty"
If we're doing something I like or reading a book or watching a show I like, I'll say "It's my favorite." He apparently thinks only 1 person can have that favorite, so he'll always respond that it's his favorite, not mine :).

"Me prow you momma!"
When I tell him I'm proud of him for listening or whatever, this is how he responds :).


In other news......
 
Jared went to Liberia Africa for 10 days.  He had an incredible experience.  It was 6 of them from our church.  He'd love to share with you some time......it was amazing.  He is still dragging.....he's been back about 10 days now......between exhaustion and still having to take Milaria (spelling?) pills, he's not 100% yet.



We've been having Izzie Monday's and WEdnesday's while Allie teaches, and have loved it :). Caden is so cute with her. He will stop in the middle of playing several times a day and come kiss her. He is in love.......and so are we :)!!

We went to the zoo with Jaime and Bryan........made flower pots for Grandma's and Auntie on Mothers Day.......Did Nature Walk at school to raise money for Nature Explore Center remodel......went to baptism for sweet baby Henry.......went to Lincoln zoo a few times....fed goats lots.........Grammy and Grandpa built a swingset for the kids in their backyard......Grandpa swings with Caden :).....Caden planted me a flower in a cute little cup for Mothers Day at school, and made an adorable picture with his handprints, so precious :).......Izzie took a bath at our house.....in the sink....while CW was in the tub.....it was awesome.......Caden helped himself to cheerios, while naked, and shared with the dog, all before I found him to see what he was up to.......went to Lexi's birthday party and had lots of fun with our friends......playdates.........met Jon and kiddos at the park and Lizzy and Caden swang on swings forever.......lots of blowing bubbles, playing 'basketball' (any ball game) in the backyard......playing with dogs......running in yard........going to park.........can't keep him inside :)

We've had lots of grad parties, etc, and life is flying by as always. Love to you all!













No comments:

Post a Comment