
It really is summer. We've got popsicles. We've got a buzzed head on a 2-year-old. We've got the pool up. We've got sunkissed cheeks and heat rash. We've got a surplus of swim diapers. Caden keeps bringing creepy crawly friends into the house. Sometimes I catch him, sometimes I don't. Sometimes I catch the creepy crawly friends, sometimes I don't. Who knows what's hanging out in our house these days. I've got a baby belly indeed. Weird that it was 3 summers ago I had this same bump...doesn't seem like that long ago. Jared is like a cat I tell him, and just wants to be laying in the sun. I think him and Caden would live outside if I let them. We've got swim lessons and summer parties at school. Trips to the zoo and the park. Goats to feed. Trains to ride. Ponies to ride. Swingsets to play on. Love it!

My sis came over and helped us set up our 'bigger' pool in the backyard Friday. We even put Caden playset slide going into the pool. Only to discover there was a hole in the bottom of the pool and all the water leaked out..........oops. So 2 hours of setup resulted in 20 minutes of fun. Haha, oh well. In other news miss Isabel has suddenly whipped up an opinion and it's rocking Caden's world. They were sitting in the chair together outside with a toy. Izzie was playing with it and Caden took it from her. Her entire (4 month :)) life Caden has called the shots and Izzie has rolled with it. This girl started screaming and got so cotton-picking mad at him. The look on his face was priceless. He just looked at me like, "Huh? What's going on mom?" It was pretty funny.

Caden has to lift my shirt up and talk to baby every time we lay down in his bed for nap or bedtime. He talks to baby. Asks where baby is in my tummy. I act like I know, and then he tells me "no, here" and points to another spot. Chances are he's right, neither of us know I guess :). He shows baby his toys. Growls at baby like a 'big dinosaur'. Kisses baby and tells baby goodnight. He keeps asking me if he can hold baby first when baby comes out. I always say "yep, you can hold baby first when you get to the hospital." Then I'm not lying, right :)??


This was his 3rd week in the 2-year old "big kid" room at Sunday school. Poor kid, if he'd have been born a couple months earlier he'd have been in that class last fall. But I think he may have had the record for time spent in the toddler room at nursery. That is 18 months and up, but I think he started going there at about a year because he was already running and climbing everything. So, that means he's been in that room a year and a half already. He is twice the size of some of the kids in there at this point. So, he will officially be in the 2-year-old room in the fall, so I guess I'm giving him a head start. He seems to love it and is making pictures and having lesson plans. I love it! I think it's great for him.
We are looking forward to Caden's first wedding next weekend :). He has never been to one before, and this is my cousin Darci's wedding. He will get to go to the reception with us after he hangs out with Grandma and Grandad during the wedding. I have a feeling this kid is going to totally bust a move on the dance floor and love every minute of it :). I'm sure I'll have some pics to share of that......stay tuned :). Have a good week!
cute pic of caden and izzie in the chair!
ReplyDelete