Wednesday, May 4, 2011

18 Months


I can’t believe Caden is 18 months old today. I used to think my mom was weird for saying she “couldn’t’ love us any more if she tried,” or “loved us more every day.” Or, when we were sick she’d say she wished she could be sick for us, and I’d think “ya right!!” Well, now I get it. I’d do anything for Caden and couldn’t possibly love him more. If you ask me, he’s the cream of the crop and we are blessed to have him!


Caden Wesley, I love you to pieces, from the top of your head to the tip of your toes. I love it all. I love everything about you. You mean the world to daddy and I and we couldn’t be more proud of you.

I love your head. Your handsome blonde hair. How we’ve had to cut it 7 times already, it grows so fast. If you were a girl you’d have hair down to your bottom. The way you always have five or six cuts, scrapes, bruises or bumps on it. I love your eyes. They are so sparkly blue. Everyone always tells me you smile with your eyes. They twinkle and are full of life. I love your nose. The way you always want a Kleenex to blow your own nose. The way you crinkle up your nose when you taste something you don’t like. The way you smell stuff and say “MMMM” or “Yummmm”. I love your ears. How you love to have them cleaned with a q-tip. How you turn your head sideways in the tub and dip them in the water. I love your mouth. Your cute little lips. The way you are getting so many big teeth. The way you brush your teeth all by yourself. The way you stick your lips out and blow for anything that’s hot or has air coming out of it. The way you holler. The way you laugh. Your big smile. I love your tummy. How you are so ticklish. How you show me your belly button. How you ‘swim’ on your belly in the tub. How your teeny waste still fits in size 12 month pants. I love your legs. The way you run so fast. March lopsided lifting only one foot. The way you climb. The way you kick. How tall you are. I love your feet. How ticklish you are. The way you hold them up and say “teekateekateekah” wanting me to tickle them. The way you hold them up for me to smell when we take your socks off. How they look like little blocks of cheese. How they are so big….size 7. See? From the tip of your toes back up to the top of your head, we love you to pieces.

We just love it all, Mr. Caden. You are the light of our lives. You’ve made us laugh more, cry more, run more, enjoy more, be thankful more, and love more than we ever knew possible in the last 18 months. Keep it coming, wild man, we can’t wait to see what’s ahead.


1 comment: