Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Last Day of School

Thursday, May 26th was Caden's last day of Dimensions for the year.  It also marked his last day in the Infant room.  Sounds kind of funny to say this 'grown up boy' is in the infant room!  Their infant room goes up to 18 months.  He was the oldest and only walking/running one in his room for the last few months, but it has been great for him.  He is so good with the babies (which is hard for Mommy to believe :)), and he also liked being the Big Cheese in class.  Somebody's gotta keep those babies orgnaized, haha.

This lame mommy was a mess on Caden's last day.  Not because he's 'graduating' to the Toddler Room A in the fall.....he is more than ready for that.  We pass the room every day and the teachers in there always say "Goodbye" to Caden and are sweet as pie.  I was doing fine when I went to pick him up, excited to give the teachers their presents from Caden, and give Caden his Last day of School present! 

Once I got in there, I saw that Caden was still asleep on his mat for nap.  I had never seen him sleeping on his mat before.  It was adorable.  After I woke him, Caden did his usual goodbyes to everyone.  I'm usually not the one to pick him up, Jared does, and he tells me CW says goodbye to everyone, but I've never gotten to see it.  Well, that day I did.  He went around and gave a hug and kiss to every single baby and teacher.  It was so sweet.  Miss Heather said he did that every day.  She got teary-eyed saying how precious it was.  I got teary-eyed.  He hugged Lilly, who just started standing on her own, and laid his head on her shoulder and stood there forever, it was adorable.  Knot in my throat.  Then, it was time to say Goodbye to the teachers.  I turned towards them to say how much I appreciate them and how wonderful they are, and I lost it.  Yep, the ugly, all-out belly cry started in.  Awesome.  Didn't want to do that. 

But the truth is, I am so appreciative of all they do.  It was so obvious they invested so much time in Caden's time there, and truely knew him and what was best for him.  Can't ask for much more than that as a Mom.  Of course, we'd all love to do it all for our kids as Mom's, but when that isn't always possible, how wonderful to have people like that to step up to the plate.  What a blessing.
 

Vegging a little before we head to Dimensions

Deccided he needed a granola bar quick before
we headed out.

Lunchbox ready....time to roll!

Jacket on, drinking sippie, ready to head to daycare

Big boy home from wonderful last day.  Ate well, slept well.
It was a great day.  And he got this awesome new firetruck for
his End of School present, along with Cars Kleenexes and a
Grover book.  It was delightful :).

So, my sweet little peanut who's getting taller and taller is done with his first school year at Dimensions.  He will be in a "big boy" room next year.  He is starting to repeat words we say.  He says, "Bye-Bye", "Truck," "Go," "Car," "Duck," "Quack," "Dog," "Go," "Grandpa," "Bubbles," "Tee (for Auntie)".....I think that's most of it.  He loves my singing and thinks I should have been on American Idol.  He waves his hand to let met know when to sing.  He is ticklish as can be.  He is getting really good about binks in bed and van ONLY (as long as WE are good about making him stick to that).  He is funny as can be.  He is stubborn as can be.  He has a mouth full of teeth.  He loves tools.  He loves trucks.  And we love him so!

No comments:

Post a Comment