Okay, so here it is......last week we found out my darn brain has 6 new lesions in the last 3 months. A person with MS should have no more than 0 or 1 when on treatment for the disease. I switched medicines in January after 5 new lesions were discovered on my last MRI (of which it had been a year since I'd had one). It was then determined that the treatment I was on wasn't working, and thus the new medicine. They are keeping me on this treatment 3 more months to see if it starts taking effect, and then we will have to decide the next step. This is of course not the news we wanted, and while it is confusing, frustrating, and scary, we are determined to stay thankful and optimistic.
So, here are the ways I will be thankful in the midst of this storm.......
I have a wonderful husband who is here for me and has stood by me through this crazy ride.
That we had Caden when we did, without having to worry about my now very 'active' MS at the time, and being able to go off medications to have him.
That Caden was born healthy and thriving.
That I didn't have any clinical relapses during or post partum carrying Caden.
That I haven't had any clinical relapses even with all the new lesions (the doctor says I've been very 'lucky' in that so far).
That I discovered the disease when I did (4 years and 7 months ago).
I have wonderful friends and family who would do anything to help in any way they can.
I have wonderful friends and family who would do anything to help in any way they can.
That there are MRI's and medications to hopefully stay on top of the progression of the disease.
That I have learned info on a diet and plan that may be helpful as well.
That I have a Savior who's plan is perfect, regardless of my plans, and I can trust in Him that He will not give me more than I can bear.
That's that......I'm gonna go eat a cookie :).
Love you and Caden so much! I am so excited to come home and get to know the little guy even better :) I read a verse the other day from a devotion that said "Give thanks in everything" ...It doesn't necessarily mean you have to be thankful FOR everything, but to give thanks IN the middle of all things. Anway, your blog just now reminded me of what I read and that truth being put into action.
ReplyDeleteWell I LOVE you and look up to you, Em! I don't know why my stupid Korean computer at work won't show up that this is my post...but this is your cousin, Teresa :)