Thursday, June 2, 2011

Camping

Yep, you can start laughing now.  We did it.  Camped with an 18 month old.  One night overnight, but back and forth to the campground all weekend.  Caden had fun.....except for the sleeping thing.  I will opt to not give you the gory details of the screaming child in the night, the non-sleep we all got, the 3 rounds of thunderstorms in the night we all were awake for, the trip to the outhouse at 4 am in the pouring rain with a child clung to my hip, the circling of the tiny campground my sis and I did in the van for almost 2 hours in the wee hours of the morning (in an effort to get CW to sleep), the way it started storming 2 minutes after we got him to sleep (finally) in the van, or the blow out diaper that included "something" all over the bed, legs, clothes, and feet.  Yep, I will spare you that, and instead leave you with the pics of the weekend.  Prolly won't be going overnight camping with our baby love anytime soon.  But memories, indeed we have :).  Thanks to Allie and Bryan for being such good sports and making the weekend easier to laugh about.  I would have otherwise probably been crying :).


Just arriving.  Camper is so exciting, I am going to lay on the floor!

Men.  Build.  Fire.

Auntie and CW in camper.

Auntie singing with CW's guitar.  She felt like a rock star, can
you tell?  Caden loved it, too.

Per Caden's request, Uncle B took a try on the guitar too.  He
really stole the house....er, campsite with his performance.

Caden went & got each of them and patted on bed, he wanted
them to all hang out with him. 

So of course, they all did.  Because they rock.  And they love him.
And he is totally not spoiled.  Ha.

There she is on that guitar again.  Girl couldn't
put it down!  And Caden in his PJ's...and shoes.
Stylish.  This is before we left Friday night.  Had
no plans to stay overnight, just Saturday night.

Back out for dinner Saturday.

Juice box.  (And mom in a (great) pic :)).

Hanging out.

Buddies.

The fun is beginning....brace yourselves.

Allie, forgive me.  I can't believe I put it up.
But this is the pic that captures our overnight attempt.
Yes, we are laughing, so thankful for that.
It is also before we grabbed an umbrella to head
to the outhouse at 4:00 a.m.  No sleep.  We look good.

Coolers are so fun!!!  So are rain boots!!

Playing in the camper.

Love him.

3 comments:

  1. I feel violated. A picture taken in the privacy of the campsite should stay in the hands of those present. I don't feel I should be held responsible for the things that happened that super awesome weekend. :) And folks, before you judge, I'd just like to see if you wouldn't pick up that guitar and serenade the cutest thing you've ever seen if it made him that happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whose camper is that? I can't believe you went camping Em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Bruce & Marcia Healey's, we borrowed it. I can't believe I did either, Christina. Amazing what I'm doing to make sure this boy has adventures, haha. You would have been squealing at us the whole time!!

    ReplyDelete