This sweet boy's birthday if Friday. Two. He will be two. When did that happen???
Anyhow, he always sees me and/or Jared have a watch on. He suddenly started asking to wear our watches. I would tell him, "No," but that maybe he could get a watch for his birthday. You know, just 'one of those' conversations you have with your (almost) two-year old, to pacify them and move on.
Well, turns out he remembers more and listens to more than I choose to realize sometimes. When we were at Target a few days later, I looked at kid watches casually. We were with my sister. He saw them, and proclaimed "Watchy, watchy", and put his cute little hand around his wrist. My sis said, "maybe I should buy you a watch for your birthday," and that was that.
Later Uncle Boo said maybe he would get Caden a watch, if that's what he wanted. Well, ever since then, if I say ANYTHING about his birthday, his party, ANYTHING, he'll say "Watchy, T, Boo, watchy" while holding his wrist. It's freakin' adorable. He tells everyone. T and Boo are getting him a watch. Too cute. So, looks like my presents for him will take a back seat to this 'watchy' he is wanting.
Never fear......I have a Woody from Toy Story for him. That will win him over, right?? The other day we were watching Toy Story 3, and I said, "You want mommy and daddy to get you a Woody for your brithday?". "Um, Buzz!!!" he said. Welp, guess what?? Buzz is the other present that Allie and Bryan got him. Yep, his onlly two requests are coming from Allie and Bryan now, so I guess I'll just bake the cake for the party, sounds like everything else is covered, haha!
No comments:
Post a Comment