Saturday, February 26, 2011

Hold on Tight and Enjoy the Ride!!

That's what we've done this week.......holding on tight, for sure!!  Jared unexpectedly worked 3 twelve hour overnight shifts this week, so our routine has looked a little different around here this week!  We are thankful for family close by who can help out with Caden when a change in schedule jumps up on us like that :)!! 

I'm still battling with pics from the last couple weeks, but will get them loaded soon, I promise.  Life is just so busy right now, as I know it is for everyone. 

We had Caden's 15 month checkup this week, and everything checked out a-ok of course.  He is still holding strong in the 95th percentile for his head size, haha.  He weighed in at 24 pounds 6 ounces (43rd percentile) and is 32 inches tall (69th percentile).  He is growing like a weed!  The doctor said he was exhausted just watching CW 'do his thing' in the doctor's office.  Haha, yep, that's something we here quite a bit......Does he ever slow down??    No he doesn't.

I asked the doctor about CW's sudden refusal to eat veggies, and he said it's very typical.  He said most the time a parent of a 2-year-old comes in embarassed because they can write on a sticky note everything their child will actually eat, so not much.  That made me feel better.  He said keep offering the veggies, and once they're old enough to understand they can't get up until they eat them, we can do that as well.  He had a couple tips.....get V8 Fusion juice, with a full veggie serving in it, or veggie burgers.  So, we're gonna give those a try in the mean time :).

He's doing very good at simple commands in the last couple weeks......not to make him sound like a puppy, haha.  He now responds to things like, "Go get your shoes," "Put that back please," "Sit down on your chair,", etc.  It's adorable.....not to mention handy :).   

We gave him a buzz cut again this week and it makes him look 4 years old I'm pretty sure.  He has 8 teeth that are in pretty far now, and it changes how he looks so much!  CW started more chattering again this week.....the one that sticks out to me, was him telling me to "sit."  I thought I was being a crazy mom who thinks their kid talks and they don't, but when I asked him what he said, he repeated "sit" again and patted the floor.  He was sitting on his little couch, and I'd been sitting by him on the floor earlier.  I had gotten up to go get something, and he came and got me and ran back to his couch and said that to me then, so it made sense.  Crazy!  Of course that was Monday and he hasn't said it since, so it just depends on the day whether he gets a few words out or not.

My parents had him Thursday evening while Jared tried to get some sleep and I was at work.  They'd decided that the snow/roads were bad enough that we should just leave Caden there to spend the night.  We insisted they didn't need to do that, but they insisted just the opposite, so Caden had a sleepover at Grammy and Grandpa's, and did great!  When Jared went to work at 11:00 pm I was the only one in the house all night, just me and the pups, and it was so strange!!  Don't remember the last time that happened! 

Hope everyone's having a lovely week, and like I said, I promise some pics will be posted soon.  Every time I have a minute to put them up, it doesn't cooperate and puts them in a strange order/sizes, and I get annoyed and giv

No comments:

Post a Comment