One of the things that has amazed me most since having Caden is the 'boy thing.' What do I mean?? He has been all boy since the day he was born. Grunting and tootin' his first few weeks of life. Flipping toys over to see the nuts and bolts since he was first able to do so. Everything has become a hammer since the day he could pick stuff up. All boy. And I love it :). I could have 6 of these boy boys running around my house and be as happy as can be :).
The boy thing was very new to me. I am one of two girls in my family. I am 1 of 7 granddaughters. Girls, girls girls :). That's what we knew. And now, I feel like all I know is the boy thing :). How funny life works out. I adore the 'boy thing' and can't imagine life any other way. Cracks me right up.
Caden is all about the trucks, the tools, climbing, running, throwing, cars, hats,......the boy stuff. He is also enamored with everything that Jared and I do, and wants to do the same. If Jared fixes a door, Caden will proceed to 'fix' the door with his tools for the next week. If he sees me making cooking (rare, haha), he has to get a pot out of the cupboard, waits for me to give him a mixing spoon, and proceeds to 'cook' on the floor while I get supper ready.
He watches EVERYTHING we do. Scary?? Ya, I thought so too, haha.
Well anyhoo, now that Caden can reach in the bathroom drawers, he tries to sneak in our bathroom and take out all my junk whenever he can. So the other day, I didn't realize that our bedroom door was open, because I always try to keep it closed, and he indeed snuck in there.
At the risk of his father having a heart attack :), I took a picture. This is what I found:
My "All Boy" boy wearing a necklace of mine and 'drying' his hair with the straightener. He was making a "PSHHHH" noise, like he was drying his hair like he always sees me do (he just got the wrong appliance). I cracked up. This will be great bribery (spelling??) some day.
It must have been the day to crack me up, because later he put one of my "hide my greasy ponytail because I didn't wash my hair today" headbands and put it on his head! It looked like a sweatband, like he was going to be working out. Hillarious.
Man, I love him...........in case I hadn't mentioned that lately.
haha, so cute!
ReplyDelete