Sunday, February 6, 2011

So Glad the "Sunny Day" were "sweepin' the clouds away" after this week.

So our week was pretty crummy.  It started with Caden waking up with 101 temp on Monday morning and the worse cough I could imagine.  Sounded like he had been smoking 3 packs a day.  And my energetic happy baby boy was lethargic and only wanted to be held and lay on me.  "Not himself" would be an understatement.  The crummy week reached its pinnacle when I was rear-ended on Thursday.

But, I really want this blog to be about Caden and his lovely little life, so I will refrain from complaining about how the 3-car collision I was a part of has become a big headache since the 2 other parties have different stories of what happened.  Some might call that lying :).  And, how my neck hurts and I fell down the steps Friday night to top it all off.  Oops, I think I am complaining now, so I shall stop, haha :).

The blessings......

Caden was able to get on antibiotics on Tuesday and woke up Wednesday a new man.  Much (closer) to back to himself.  I never knew I could be so worried for someone in my life, and so overjoyed when they were feeling better :).  Ah, Mommyhood :). 

He was not with me when I got hit, so I didn't have to worry about him through it all.  Didn't have to worry about him sitting in the car during the whole fiasco.  Didn't have to worry if he got hurt, or watch him be scared.  None of that.

My van is driveable.  Well, I'm driving it.  We'll put it that way.

So anyhoo, this crummy week ended in the most lovely of ways this morning when we got to go to Sesame Street life with the wonderful Reis family :).  I remember going as a child and how wonderfully fun and amazing it all seemed.  Caden was a champ and didn't get antsy until about the last 10 minutes.  He sat in amazement most of the time.  And he of course wanted to show affection/pester/harass Miss Harper Grace as usual :).  So glad they were able to go with us......special memories for the kiddos :).

 This was last weekend before he was sick. I went to the bathroom and came out to this. I must say I am pretty proud of my little (not quite) 15 month old. I'd say it takes some pretty sweet skills to make a tower like that to stand, with different-sized containers. Don't know that I could even do that, haha. Such a cutie patootie!!

And this is Monday night when little love bug was sick.  This was the first time I got him to smile/laugh all day, so I of course snapped some pics.  He hardly looks sick in these smiley ones.  I got the empty diaper box and put him in it, and you'd have thought I did a stand-up comedy act.  This sick baby thought I was the cat's meow :).






Seriously.  Such a sweetheart.  Love him.




And then, finally, it was Saturday, and time to meet Ben, Rebecca, and Harper for a wonderful time :).  "Sunny Days, Sweepin' the Clouds away!  On my way to where the air is sweet!  Can you tell me how to get, how to get to SESAME STREET?!?!?"





Harper's Initial Reaction:)


It was so much fun.  The kiddos did great and I think we all had fun.  Toward the end CW decided he need to sit in his own seat.  It was pretty cute :).  And hey, for the record, if you're looking for an inexpensive light-up Elmo toy, you can get one at the show for a mere $15 :).  Ha, what a steal, huh?  Yes, we got one for Caden.  And yes, it's already been used as a hammer more than anything!!  Thanks to the Reis's for coming with us.  It was a great day indeed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment