Saturday, January 22, 2011

Visiting Caden's Great-Grandma :)

Caden is a blessed little cookie to have lot's (or at least I think so), Great-Grandparents alive.  I have only lost 1 grandma, and both of Jared's grandfathers have passed away, but Grandma's are still here.  What a blessing they are all to us!  I try to capture a picture of each with Caden when they are with him (and I remember my camera :)).  I know that know matter how long we are fortunate enough to have each and every one of them around, these pictures will be a treasue for Caden and Jared and I always and forever :).



Jared's Grandma James fell on Christmas day and cracked her knee cap.  Not only was the timing unfortunate, as she and Sherry missed Christmas with the family and instead were at the hospital, but it is a long recovery for her as well.  She is back home (at Savannah Pines) now, and Jared's Uncle Ken and Aunt Alice are here for a while to help take care of her as she continues to recover.



Tonight we went and visited Grandma and Ken & Alice.  We brought a few toys for Caden to try to avoid him getting into anything & everything at Grandma's, but you can about guess how long that lasted :).  It was a great visit, though!  It was nice to see Grandma back at her place rather than the hospital.  We always have wonderful visits with Ken & Alice.  They live in Florida and/or Chicago throughout the year, so our visits are few and far between.  So, we always look forward to seeing them.  And, for them to see how much CW has changed :).

Alice was sweet enough to make us personalized Valentines Day cookies!  I had to take pictures of them before I would let Jared steal one!  They were so pretty and it was so lovely of her to think of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment